No products in the cart.
Women and men of all colors might have to use more heat to assist in our hairstyle lasting longer. Of course it’s best to wear more natural hairstyles to avoid heat altogether; but it’s great to have options!
The right thermal tool from blow drying to flat ironing we can create the curliest to the straightest sleekest looks and many have damage hair to prove it. But there’s help…
Heat Protection Hair Products must be used to maintain the best health and length of your hair. To style your hair without taking the necessary precautions is like driving a motorcycle without leather and a helmet; surely there will be damage. Now let’s take our precautions seriously and avoid the inevitable.
Heat Protection Hair Tips
It is crucial to use protective hair products before using any heat implements on your hair. If you have neglected to take protective measures against preventing heat damage you may have experienced breakage and damage and never really knowing why. Now you do.
I don’t care which one you use, however I did select two great ones below, but use something! Protective products come in various forms:
How to Safely Style Your Hair With Thermal Styling Tools
- Shampoo hair with appropriate shampoo without sulfates and paraben which causes shedding.
- Condition with appropriate conditioner for your hair type. I like and strongly suggest the Kanechom and Silicon Mix Treatment for incredible results. This is the only time to use silicon based products. Silicon prevents heat damage to the core of your hair shaft.
- Rinse well and apply your detangler if needed; protective serums, sprays or creams into hair for moisture and a pre-treatment before blow drying.
- It is best to invest in a professional grade ceramic blow dryer such as One n Only Argan Heat 1875W Ceramic Dryer to help avoid using harmful heat on your tresses. The Argan Oil is fantastic and will have any hair silky and soft to the touch, some may be too heavy for fine hair.
- Now that you have a great foundation don’t drop the ball by not using a good thermal protector spray, you can safely use your ceramic flat irons or curler. Ceramic implement distribute heat safely without the damage. Please remember hair burns and damages at 450 degrees
You have just learned how important it is to use heat protection hair products efficiently. You just learned that preventing heat damage begins with a good shampoo and conditioning regimen as well as the heat implements you use.I want to end this by saying that the best way to avoid damaging your hair with thermal styling tools is to avoid using them at all. Use this guide to keep the healthiest hair while using heat. Enjoy and please share!